Welcome to the new DJJ Website!
Find out how to use the new site.

Interstate Compact for Juveniles


The National Interstate Commission for Juveniles was established to develop and facilitate a uniform standard across the country that provides for the welfare and protection of juveniles, victims and the public by governing the Compacting states’ transfer of supervision of juveniles, temporary travel of juvenile offenders and return of juveniles who have absconded, escaped, fled to avoid prosecution or run away. Learn more

Interstate Compact for Juveniles FAQs

  • Q: What is the Interstate Compact for Juvenile Offenders?
    A: The Interstate Compact for Juvenile (ICJ) offenders provides a legal means of transferring the supervision of youth from one state to another and returning runaways.
  • Q: I live in Florida and need to move to another state. What is the process?
    A: Youth who are on probation or “parole” (see below) in Florida and need to relocate to another state (receiving state) must request a transfer through their juvenile probation officer in Florida. Once the receiving state agrees to the transfer request and supervision, the youth is allowed to relocate.
  • Q: I need to move to Florida. What is the process?
    A: Youth who are on probation or “parole” (see below) in another state (sending state) and need to move to Florida must ask their juvenile probation officer to submit an application for services and request that Florida accept their transfer and agree to supervise them. Once the request for transfer and supervision is approved by Florida, the youth may relocate.
  • Q: How many days in advance is the transfer request submitted?
    A: The requests must be submitted to the ICJ Office 60 days prior to the youth’s anticipated release date from a residential commitment program or on post commitment probation or conditional release.
  • Q: What if I have already moved from Florida to another state (the receiving state)?
    A: The Florida juvenile probation officer must maintain contact with the youth until supervision is accepted in the receiving state.
  • Q: What type of youth is classified as a parolee under the Compact?
    A: To maintain uniformity with other states, any youth committed to a residential program or released in the community on post commitment probation or conditional release is considered a “parolee”.
  • Q: Can a parolee relocate to another state prior to receiving an acceptance letter?
    A: No parolee shall relocate out-of-state prior to receiving an acceptance notification from the receiving state.
  • Q: Do I need to ask for a travel permit to visit or relocate to another state?
    A: Yes. Youth must ask the juvenile probation officer for a travel permit and the officer will submit the request to the ICJ Office prior to the youth relocating or visiting another state.
  • Q: For how many days can a travel permit be issued?
    A: A travel permit can be issued up to 90 calendar days.
  • Q: What happens to an out-of-state runaway is picked up by the police?
    A: Out-of-state runaways shall be held in secure facilities. The youth must be brought before a judge within 24 hours of detainment for Consent for Voluntary Return of Runaway, Escapee or Absconder wavier.
  • Q: How many days do the home/demanding states have to return the youth?
    A: Once the youth and judge sign the voluntary waiver, the home/demanding state has five business days to return the youth.
  • Q: What situations require the return of a youth?
    A: A non-delinquent youth runs away to another state; a youth is an escapee, absconder, or accused delinquent and flees to another state; or a youth under Compact supervision has a failed placement.

Agnes Denson

Compact Administrator/ Commissioner

2737 Centerview Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32399


 Name/Title Phone E-mail

Brodean Shepard

Deputy Compact Administrator

(850) 717-2588 [email protected]

Tracy Bradley-Walden 

Deputy Compact Administrator

(850) 717-2572 [email protected]

Whittney Thomas 

Assistant Deputy Compact Administrator

(850) 717-2576 [email protected]

Kenneth Holmes

Assistant Deputy Compact Administrator

(850) 717-2577 [email protected]

JaQuay Hall

Compact Specialist

(850) 717-2574 [email protected]


Compact Specialist

(850) 717-2587


Wholesale NCAA jerseys AIR's duck All Sports Share News Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys USA Top Selling NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap MLB Jerseys From China Buy Coolest Soccer Jerseys Bu9'er We Share News Off the World B's News Replica Soccer Jerseys Top Selling NBA Jerseys Buy Best Cheap NHL jerseys Online Wholesale jerseys Wholesale NBA jerseys Wholesale Mlb Jerseys Wholesale Replica Cheap MLB Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys KG'in9 Share News Cheap NHL Jerseys 0k's - We Share News
Wholesale jerseys |